Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells. We've got these insanely delicious Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells happenin' tonight! You're going to want to make these soon. Once upon a time, in a faraway land, I made stuffed shells with my sister, Hope.
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells include tender pasta shells filled with a cheesy shredded chicken and broccoli mixture and smothered in an easy homemade alfredo sauce. Chicken, broccoli and mozzarella cheese fill the shells which are covered with alfredo sauce and baked. Fill shells with a large spoonful of the chicken and broccoli mixture and arrange in dish. You can cook Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- It’s 12 oz. of jumbo shells.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken, cooked and shredded.
- It’s 2 cups of broccoli florets, cut small.
- Prepare 2 cups of ricotta cheese.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s to taste of oregano.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare to taste of dried basil.
- Prepare to taste of onion powder.
- Prepare to taste of garlic powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1 jar (14.5 oz.) of Alfredo sauce, divided.
- You need 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- Prepare of parsley for garnish.
Stuffed shells and lasagna are two dishes I rarely make because they take time and typically make large servings, too large for someone who cooks for one or two people. Ever since I made the cheese stuffed shells last year, I had the idea for these Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells. Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells is an easy family meal that is perfect for a those busy weeknights. Jumbo pasta shells are filled with shredded chicken, broccoli, and a creamy Alfredo sauce.
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells instructions
- Start a large pot of water and 1 tbsp. of olive oil heating on high heat. Once it reaches a boil, add in the shells. Cook for 1 minute less than the time called for on the box, they will be easier to stuff this way. Once they are done, drain in a colander and immediately rinse them with cold water. This will stop the cooking process, so that they don't get any softer. Set them aside..
- While boiling the shells, start a medium pot of water heating on high heat to start to cook the broccoli (you could also steam them). Once water reaches a boil, add in the broccoli and cook until tender (4-6 minutes). Drain broccoli and set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl, place your ricotta cheese and crack both eggs. Whisk together until just blended. Next, whisk in the seasonings, to taste and the parmesan cheese..
- Stir in the chicken and broccoli to the ricotta mixture and stir to combine..
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9×13 deep baking pan or casserole dish with non-stick spray or line with foil. Place about 1/2 of the alfredo sauce you are using onto the bottom of the baking dish and spread around. Set aside..
- Working 1 at a time, stuff each shell with 1-2 tbsp. of the ricotta and chicken mixture. Set each one in the baking pan side-by-side once stuffed, with the opening facing up. Do this until all are stuffed. Top the shells with the remaining alfredo sauce and then sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese..
- Cover the baking pan with foil and bake 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Serve these chicken and broccoli shells with a side salad and garlic bread for a tasty dinner the entire. These shells get stuffed with chopped broccoli, tender rotisserie chicken, cheese and homemade alfredo. They are so simple but yet so delicious!! You then use the reserved alfredo and pour it over the shells and top with some more cheese. This dinner is a home run!