Cheddar Cauliflower and Summer Squash Soup with Ham and Cheese. This smooth, creamy cauliflower soup with sharp cheddar cheese is absolutely what you want on a chilly day. Okay, now I don't feel so bad about saying goodbye to summer. It's packed with cauliflower and uses just enough cheddar cheese to give it flavor, but not so much that you think.
Reduce heat; add cheese and seasonings. Cheddar Cheese – This is a pretty cheesy soup, so you could decrease this amount if you want to cut back a bit. But I love it as it is! You can have Cheddar Cauliflower and Summer Squash Soup with Ham and Cheese using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheddar Cauliflower and Summer Squash Soup with Ham and Cheese
- It’s 2 tbsp of lard or oil.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- You need 2 cup of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 lb of ham, chopped.
- You need 1 of large chopped Summer Squash.
- You need 8 cup of broth.
- It’s 1 head of large Cheddar Cauliflower, chopped.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of mixed herbs.
- You need 8 oz of shredded cheese.
Freezing Cauliflower Soup – unfortunately, this isn't that easy. Since the soup has a large dairy base (milk and cheese) it is much harder to freeze and. Add the cheese and stir until melted and well combined with the soup. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
Cheddar Cauliflower and Summer Squash Soup with Ham and Cheese step by step
- Sauté onions, carrots and celery in the fat..
- Had the Summer Squash and ham. And cook until hot..
- Add the the broth and cauliflower plus the seasonings. Cook until the cauliflower is done..
- Add the cheese and stir until the cheese blended in..
Ladle the soup into individual bowls and serve immediately with toasted bread. Garnish this flavorful soup with a drizzling of extra virgin olive oil or, better yet, chili or garlic infused olive oil. It would also be great with flavored croutons, fresh chopped chives, a little diced cooked bacon, or a swirl of sour cream or roasted red pepper puree. Cauliflower, ham, Pepper Jack cheese and potato flakes go into this quick, thick soup with a bit of a kick. Remove half of cauliflower mixture and puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.