Chicken Cacciatore w/ Pasta. Authentic Chicken Cacciatore is an Italian classic, and you'll never get a more succulent home cooked meal than this recipe! Easy to make and loved by the entire family! The BEST Chicken Cacciatore in a rich and rustic sauce with chicken falling off the bone is simple Italian comfort food at its best!
If you're looking for a stress-free weeknight meal for yourself, I've got just the thing for you. This one-pot chicken cacciatore pasta takes minimal planning and time to create, plus it tastes great! A family favorite made easier by cooking everything, including the pasta, all in one skillet. You can cook Chicken Cacciatore w/ Pasta using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Cacciatore w/ Pasta
- You need 2 of large boneless chicken breasts (or your fave type of chicken).
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced green bell pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 1/2 (14 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of basil.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 box of Ronzoni rotelle pasta (or your fave pasta).
Broth makes the sauce just the right consistency to simmer pasta to al dente perfection. Chicken Cacciatore, an easy Italian classic, a delicious one pot family healthy chicken recipe. Perfect alone or served over rice or pasta. Easy Skillet Chicken Cacciatore fast and easy and so delicious, a hearty chicken dish made with fresh ingredients.
Chicken Cacciatore w/ Pasta step by step
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to pan and heat on stove. Salt and pepper chicken then brown in pan on Med High, a few minutes on both sides..
- While chicken browns, set Instant Pot to Sauté setting. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, peppers and onions to pot. Sauté until soft and brown..
- Add chicken to Instant Pot. Pour over the 1/2 can of tomatoes. Add oregano and bay leaf. Stir well..
- Close and lock the lid. Cancel the Sauté setting. Cook for 25 minutes on high pressure..
- While chicken cooks, boil water for pasta. Add salt and cook until soft. Add butter and basil to noodles when ready..
- Once pressure cooking is complete, let sit 5-10 minutes, then Quick Release. Add basil to pot. Serve chicken and sauce atop noodles. Delish!.
Italian Comfort Food never tasted so good. This family friendly Italian classic dish Chicken Cacciatore is made in the slow cooker for a convenient weeknight dinner! We love it served over pasta, spaghetti squash, rice or polenta. For the stove top version, see Chicken Cacciatore. Cooking on the stove differs from the crock pot, liquids evaporate.