Sloppy Joes. This is the perfect basic sloppy joes recipe. I won't be buying the canned stuff anymore. Add butter to a large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat.
Add onions, green pepper, and garlic. Start by browning the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the green peppers and onions. You can have Sloppy Joes using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joes
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped pepper (green, red or orange).
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of yellow mustard.
- It’s 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 3 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun. Stir in remaining ingredients except buns. Use a wooden spoon to break up any chunks of ground beef into smaller bits. Add the ketchup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar to the pan.
Sloppy Joes step by step
- Brown ground beef, onion, pepper. Drain liquids. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes..
How to freeze Sloppy Joes for meal prep and last minute dinners: Easy meal prep, right here. When you're ready to eat, let the Sloppy Joes thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat on the. He's the saucy hero of so many quick-and-easy weeknight meals. But now, Joe's stepping out—and stepping up. Try these creative twists on an old favorite.