Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl. Keto egg roll in a bowl has been an all-time favorite dish of mine since embarking on a ketogenic lifestyle. Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl is perfect for meal prep, too. If you need more, feel free to make a double batch.
Make a double batch and take it to work or school for packed lunch. Make Egg Roll in a Bowl Keto Friendly! Follow these tips to make one of our all time favorite keto dinner recipes perfectly. You can cook Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- You need 1 lb of ground pork, mild flavor.
- You need 1 head of cabbage, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 T of sesame oil.
- You need 1/4 c of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 T of chicken broth.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 stalks of green onion, chopped.
These are the components that give this dish its Asian flavor. If possible we always recommend using fresh garlic and fresh ginger, but powdered versions will work as well.. The base for my keto egg roll in a bowl recipe starts with some familiar (and very keto-friendly) ingredients. We begin by sauteing ground beef and cabbage in savory sesame oil.
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl step by step
- Brown ground pork in a large pan or wok over medium heat..
- Add sesame oil and onion to pan with browned ground pork. Mix together and continue cooking over medium heat..
- Mix soy sauce, garlic, and ground ginger together in a small bowl. Once onions have browned, add the sauce mixture to the pan..
- Immediately add the cabbage to the pan and toss to coat evenly. Add chicken broth to the pan and mix. Continue cooking over medium heat for three minutes, stirring frequently..
- Garnish with salt, pepper, and green onion..
This creates the foundation upon which we will start adding the "big flavors." I like to use a fatty ground beef or ground chuck for this recipe. Made with either ground pork or beef, this Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl tastes just like an Asian egg roll but without the egg roll wrapper. Cook ground pork with sliced white onion in a large skillet over medium heat, making sure meat is crumbled and cooked through. KETO EGG ROLL IN A BOWL is our family's answer to take-out! It's ready in minutes, packs in a ton of flavor, and it's good for you, too!