Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake). Here is how you cook it. Apam balik (English: 'turnover pancake') or terang bulan (English: 'bright moon') or martabak manis (English: 'sweet martabak') or 曼煎粿 Màn Jiān Guǒ. Apam Balik also known as Tereng Bulan or full moon Malay style Pancake is famous in Malaysia.
It is also a known dish in the nearby countries like Singapore, Indonesia and Brunei. It's an Asian style pancake turnover with varieties of fillings inside. 'Apam balik' is a Southeast Asian fluffy pancake with cream corn and peanuts. This soft pancake which is usually made to order has a thick surface with thin and crispy side. You can cook Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake)
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 7 tablespoons of self rising flour (you can use normal flour as well).
- You need 3 tablespoon of white or brown sugar.
- Prepare 7/8 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 7/8 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s of Ovaltine chocolate malt powder.
- You need of Grated cheese.
- It’s of Margarine or butter.
Terang bulan, Martabak Manis, Ban Jian Kuih, Min Jian Kueh, 曼煎糕. Apam balik (may also be called Peanut Turnover, Ban Jian Kuih, Chin Loong Pau, Martabak Manis, Terang Bulan, Apam Pulau Pinang or Kuih Haji) is a type of pancake from Malaysia. With Malaysian peanut pancakes, you'd belong to either one of two camps – thin and crispy or thick and cakey. Apam balik. (Ban chien kuih, Martabak manis, Terang bulan, Chin loong pau, Min-jian-kue, Ban-jian-kuih, Dai gao min, 慢煎粿).
Apam Balik Ovaltine Cheese (Terang Bulan Pancake) step by step
- Beat egg and sugar until the sugar dissolved.
- Sieve self rising flour and baking powder into, stir well. Add on water gradually until the mixture become lightly thick liquid..
- Cover with plastic wrap, rest for ±1 hour.
- After resting, Mix 2 tablespoon of water with baking soda until the baking soda dissolved perfectly. Add the mixture into the resting batter..
- Heat up pan, grease with oil and margarine/ butter. Pour the batter, rotate the pan to make crispy thin crust around the edge..
- Cover the lid until the top surface of dough completely cooked, then sprinkle some sugar. Cover again ±2 mins.
- Turn off the fire, rub on margarine/ butter over the top surface..
- Sprinkle Ovaltine and grated cheese as topping.
This sweet turnover pancake comes under various names throughout Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, and Singapore. Regardless of the location, it can be prepared either in a. Apam Balik Nipis Rangup – Resepi Mudah dan Ringkas. My fave food.or, Apam Balik in bahasa. But we call it Terang Bulan (Bright Moon) here in Sabah.