Zucchini Fritters. With freshly grated zucchini, egg, flour, and herbs, they are easy. Serve with a garlicky lemony sour cream dipping sauce. Zucchini Fritters – These fritters are unbelievably easy to make, low calorie, and the Now these fritters are unbelievably easy to whip up.
They're bound to become a favorite! I initially posted this recipe many years ago and for. It's hands down my favorite way to make zucchini! You can cook Zucchini Fritters using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Fritters
- It’s 2 lb of zucchini about 2 large or 5 medium.
- Prepare 1 tsp of plus 1/2 tsp salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped green onions.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
- It’s 2 of large eggs lightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of Olive oil for sautéing.
- It’s of Sour Cream to serve.
I wouldn't say that I'm a budget. Begin by shredding the zucchini on a box grater or in a food processor. Transfer the zucchini to a fine mesh strainer, then toss with the salt to draw out the liquid. These crispy, crackly zucchini fritters take inspiration from the traditional Bengali onion snacks piyaju.
Zucchini Fritters instructions
- Wash zucchini and trim off ends. Grate on the large holes of a box grater. Place the grated zucchini in a large mixing bowl, stir in 1 tsp salt and set aside for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes, squeeze handfuls of zucchini tightly over the sink to remove extra water. It helps to wring it out in a cheesecloth if you have one. It is amazing how much water comes out! You should end up with 3 1/2 to 4 cups of squeezed dry zucchini. Transfer to a large mixing bowl..
- Add the chopped green onions, garlic, flour, parmesan and eggs to the zucchini mixture. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Stir until well combined..
- Place a large heavy bottomed cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the zucchini mixture a heaping tablespoon at a time (or use an ice cream scoop to create equal size fritters) and flatten out the tops slightly to make them pancake shaped. Sauté 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!.
Zucchini fritters made extra crispy and extra tasty with the addition of parmesan! Crispy on the outside, and moist but not soggy on the inside. Zucchini Fritters Adapted a bit from Simply Recipes. Zucchini Fritters have been a family favorite for years and are a staple in our home all summer long. We love the crisp edges, tender centers and how easy they are to make.