Morning Glory Carrot Muffins. These easy and tasty muffins are a glorious way to start any day. They combine the great taste and chewy texture of carrots with the wonderful flavors of Fantastic! I love the cafe bought Morning Glory muffins, and it was nice to finally be able to duplicate them at home!
Sugar free, whole wheat, and vegan carrot muffins with chia, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds for an energy packed and healthy morning glory inspired breakfast. I've got some nice vegan carrot muffins for you today, sweetened only with dates and filled with lots of chewy, high energy seeds. These morning glory muffins are full of good-for-you ingredients like Greek yogurt, carrot, and apple. You can cook Morning Glory Carrot Muffins using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Morning Glory Carrot Muffins
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 3/4 cup of honey or maple syrup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of shredded carrots (peeled).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of shredded apples (peeled).
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.
Just sweet enough, with a hint of warm cinnamon. Muffins are always on a steady rotation at my house. This is a good way to start your morning, get your day going, finish off the day, hey, this is just a good thing to eat any time. Because fresh carrots and pineapple require a lot of prep work, using the canned versions in this recipe saves you a ton of time, without sacrificing flavor, making these delicious homemade carrot muffins super easy.
Morning Glory Carrot Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray muffin pan (I used coconut oil but use whatever you have) makes about 16 muffins.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large bowl combine honey or maple syrup, coconut oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Fold in apples and carrots. I shredded apples and carrots with a cheese grater..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients making sure not to over mix. Fold in walnuts and shredded coconut..
- Divide batter among muffin tins filling each almost to the top. Bake in for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean..
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- We frosted with cream cheese frosting, but totally isn’t necessary..
Morning glory muffins are made with a little bit of everything: whole wheat flour, carrots, apples, raisins, walnuts, orange juice, coconut and wheat germ. These are the best muffins I've ever eaten! Once I took them to a brunch. Three other women had brought muffins, too, but I agree with the recipe submitter – these are almost the best muffins I have ever eaten! All the different flavours of apple/carrot/pecan/coconut together.