Thai Basil Chicken / Pork. You can make with pork, chicken, beef, shrimp with this recipe. Or for vegetarian option, you can make with mushrooms or tofu! 🙂. So whatever you have in you hands, you can make it! 😉.
Usually, this dish is made with ground pork, but nearly any type of pork or chicken can be used. There are two keys to this dish: first, make sure you use enough basil, and second, get yourself this secret Thai ingredient: Golden Mountain Sauce (see more on this sauce. This simple Thai Basil Chicken, known as Pad Grapow, is insanely quick and inexpensive to make. You can cook Thai Basil Chicken / Pork using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Chicken / Pork
- You need of Chicken.
- Prepare of Pork (less soysauce & oystersauce).
- It’s Leaves of Thai Basil.
- Prepare of Ingredient A : finely minced.
- Prepare 2-3 of Chilli 🌶.
- It’s 6-7 of Garlic 🧄.
- You need of Ingredient B : mix.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of soysauce.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of oystersauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
It's light, yet flavorful with lots of heat and tons of basil. In Thailand this is often made with ground pork or sliced lean pork – either are a good substitute to try for the chicken. Thai Basil Chicken is arguably the gold standard of Thai Chicken stir fries! Just looking at these photos and writing up this post has me peeved that I'll shortly be reheating leftovers Oven Baked Chicken Breast.
Thai Basil Chicken / Pork step by step
- Stir fry A, add in meat once garlic is coloured.
- When meat is fully cooked, add B into the middle. Let it simmer for awhile before mixing.
- Add in basil leave, serve when basil leave is cooked..
Thai basil minced pork is one of my favorite Thai recipes. It's such a simple dish but still full of flavor. Rice combines very well with the bold flavors of this I stir-fried the ground pork with oil for a couple of minutes until they were no longer pink and cooked through. Then transferred the pork into a bowl and. This Thai Basil Chicken (Gai Pad Krapow) is one of them.